Blackjack Three Card is essentially a combination of poker rules and the basics of blackjack.
In general, the standard three-card blackjack was invented by Tom Gallagher, as he claimed himself, but the first one to patent it was a gentleman by the name of Larry Lambert. It is known that there is the same game going by another name created by Dereck Webb.
Review and rules
In Blackjack Three Card, there is a single deck of 52 cards without jokers, which is shuffled before every deal. The goal of the players is to outrun the dealer by scoring higher than him (not higher than 21). The bet is placed in 1 to 5 boxes, the cards in these boxes are revealed one by one.
The game contains three types of bets:
- Ante – the initial bet performed before dealing; the bet is obligatory.
- Bet – the second bet placed in case the player intends to continue playing. It has to be equal to the exact amount of the initial bet.
- Ace Plus (A+) – bonus bet placed only at client’s will. The payment is calculated through the fixed multiplier of existing combinations, details of which will be mentioned below.
The value of cards in the deck is the same as in the traditional game with the classic rules. All non-face cards are worth the same amount of points as their numeric value. All face cards bring 10 points to the player. The aces, however, are different. Their value is determined according to the combination of player’s other cards. It may be equal to 1 to 10 points.
In Blackjack Three card the player can’t take additional cards from the dealer. Unlike the standard blackjack, there is no option to Double, Split or Surrender. All the player can do is to Fold or to Bet, thus continuing the game.
There is an interesting feature in the game called the minimal dealer’s play. This means that the dealer may play only, if his cards make a total of 17 points or higher. To ensure this, the player’s cards and the dealer’s cards are compared. If the amount of points is not enough, the player loses his bet.
The payments are made by two bets in a 1:1 ratio, but in case both the player and the dealer have a blackjack, the player wins. All other matching combinations are a draw.
In Blackjack Three card, the game stages go as follows:
The player places the initial Ante bet in 1 to 5 boxes.
- After the bets have been placed, every player is dealt three cards face-down. Next, the dealer reveals one of his cards to the players.
- The player has to decide whether he should continue the game or fold the cards, losing the initial bet. If the former is chosen, the player places a second bet equal to the initial one. This operation is performed for every box.
- After that, the dealer reveals his cards to the player, compares all the combinations and pays for the winning ones, taking the losing bets.
- Then the game starts again
Ace Plus – the bonus bet
As said before, in Blackjack Three Card has a three types of bets. Two of them have already been described. The bonus bet called Ace Plus (A+) is performed only at client’s will, and if the bet is winning, the following chart shows the payments made according to any amount of aces in player’s hand:
- A; A; A – 100:1;
- A; A; T – 25:1;
- A; A; X – 15:1;
- A; T; T – 6:1;
- A; T; X – 3:1;
- A; X; X – 1:1.
The A+ gives an advantage of 2.75% to the player. The advantage is little compared to the payments made for other bets, but it works in any combinations and might become a nice bonus in any scenario.
Blackjack Three card is an online card game with a pleasant and easy-to-use web interface, which is suitable even for novice users, who are just starting gambling.
All the designations are short and clear. For example, to get to the start of a new game, press New. To place a second bet, press Repeat. Press Cancel to discard all the bets. To deal the cards, press Deal. To continue the game with placing the second bet afterwards, press Raise. To fold the cards, press Fold.
The graphic design of the Blackjack Three Card is easy, it is an interesting and unusual gambling in the online casino.